This versatile handheld radio supports both NXDN and DMR digital protocols as well as mixed digital & FM analog operation, enabling it to serve with distinction in a wide range of enterprise- and operation-critical applications. Compact yet designed with durability in mind, it’s packed with convenient features like Bluetooth® for hands-free operation and built-in GPS. Three different models are available: Full Keypad model with LCD, Standard Keypad model with LCD and a large 4-way D-pad, and the Basic Model without LCD or keypad. Additionally, for expansion capability a software license certification system facilitates extensive customization.
Kenwood – NX-3220/3320
The NX-3000 Series offers unsurpassed interoperability for a wide variety of users as it supports muluti digital CAIs — NXDN and DMR — plus FM analog in a single radio. Best of all, a desired CAI can be selected at will, giving you the freedom to migrate at your own pace — whether you are intent on going fully digital, undecided about which digital system to pick, or just wanting to maintain both digital and analog for a while. An NX-3000 radio can simultaneously support two digital protocols plus analog, offering the following combinations: FM/NXDN and FM/DMR.
- NXDN: A desired CAI can be selected at will – whether you are intent on going fully digital, undecided about which digital system to pick, or just wanting to maintain both digital and analog for a while. The NXDN air interface can fit into the very narrow 6.25 kHz bandwidth using FDMA technology. Ensuring spectrum efficiency, wide coverage and virtually unlimited scalability, it provides for nationwide expansion: Type-C Trunking Gen2 offers enhanced features, flexibility and performance, linking up to 1,000 sites or 24 networks.
- DMR: For simple conventional communications, making use of existing infrastructure, DMR is an excellent, cost-effective solution. Being energy-efficient, it offers longer battery life. And thanks to 2-slot TDMA, it is possible to obtain 2 talk paths within an analog 12.5 kHz bandwidth, thus doubling the capacity. The NX-5000 Series supports Tier II conventional mode.
- Choose between two portable configurations – one without a numeric keypad and the other with numeric keypad (16-key model). Both styles feature the 4-way Directional-pad (D-pad) and 2-position lever switch.
7-color Light Bar Indicator
Individual color can be set for each channel. The light bar is big enough to easily identify which channel the user is on.
Full Dot LCD & Backlit Color in White
Full Dots Matrix (168(W) x 65（H)dots, Monochrome) can display 4-Line Basic Frame and 5-Line Text Message Frame.
- Multi-protocol digital radio: Designed to operate under an NXDN or DMR digital, and FM analog protocols
- NXDN Conventional and Type-C & Gen2 Trunking
- DMR Tier II & Site Roaming
- Mixed Digital & FM Analog Operation allows gradual migration at your own pace
- 1 Watt Audio Output Power
- UHF: 120 MHz capability
- 260 CH/128 Zones (64 CH/4 Zones for Basic model)
- Maximum of 1,000 CH/Radio with option
- Intrinsically Safe Option (Available later)
- Paging Call
- Emergency Call
- Status/Text Message
- Remote Stun/Kill/Check